Denver USA, October 27, 2014: LMKR today announced that it has entered into a strategic technology partnership with LUMINA aimed at improving the methods to interpret and integrate geological and seismic data critical to maximizing reservoir understanding. LUMINA offers unique methodologies and tools for quantitative interpretation based on spectral decomposition and state-of-the-art optimization techniques allowing for more geological information to be extracted from geophysical data. LMKR has harnessed these unique methodologies into a new solution: Predict3D™, which LMKR will commercialize early 2015.
The benefits that Predict3D bring to the asset team are widespread:
- More informed and accurate decisions: Higher resolution reservoir property volumes such as porosity, volume of shale, TOC, etc. help understand the distribution of rock properties away from the correlation wells, significantly improving the understanding of the reservoir. All members of the asset team - geologists, geophysicists and engineers - are better prepared to make timely, informed decisions.
- More accurate field planning, well planning, completion planning, and geosteering: The ability to predict reservoir properties away from the wells enables more accurate field and completion planning. A sophisticated, multi-attribute property prediction produces detailed reservoir property volumes that allow geoscientists to plan wells more accurately and select optimal landing zones for their horizontals; it also enables geosteerers to keep the bit in the heart of the sweet spot.
- Ease-of-use: Full integration with GeoGraphix solutions streamlines implementation of the prediction process and brings this capability to the desktop of interpreters and engineers. Predict3D has been designed to produce outstanding results and time-effective projects with minimal input from the user.
"LMKR's partnership with LUMINA has enabled us speed-to-market to deliver advanced geophysics techniques especially effective in thin-bed or shale plays. This approach is consistent with LMKR's philosophy for bringing high science capabilities to every workflow," commented Stan Abele, Vice President of Products, LMKR.
"The approach that we developed shows geological details not observable in the conventional seismic data, and allows for more detailed and accurate interpretations than are possible with the input data and conventional inversion methods. The multi-attribute inversion process predicts rock properties from well logs away from and in between the wells that have been used for correlation, generating property volumes that are invaluable in understanding the character of the reservoir. This helps understand the nature of the reservoir away from the wells, reducing risk in well planning and field development," said Carlos Moreno, President of the LUMINA Group.
The LMKR GeoGraphix and LUMINA team are demonstrating the capabilities of Predict3D at SEG 2014 Annual Conference & Convention, booth #2280.
LMKR is a petroleum technology company offering reservoir-centric interpretation, modeling and analytics software, mobile technology solutions and E&P data services - all focused towards lowering the risk associated with exploration and production of conventional and unconventional resource plays. LMKR holds the global license for development, sales, marketing and support for GeoGraphix.
LUMINA is a service company that provides geophysical solutions for the oil and gas industry. LUMINA offers unique tools for quantitative interpretation, allowing its clients to extract more information from geophysical data. LUMINA has developed the next generation of seismic enhancement tools based on spectral decomposition and inversion techniques mastered by Dr. John Castagna over the years. LUMINA is currently focusing on the thin beds of the unconventional plays in the United States, while also applying its integrated geophysical solutions to a wide variety of geographical areas.
- Corporate Announcement GVERSE-GeoGraphix
- Introducing Digital Sales - LMKR launches GVERSE E-STORE
- LMKR delivers a comprehensive study on unconventional prospects to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Oil and Gas Company Limited (KPOGCL), Pakistan
- LMKR becomes Global Reseller for FracGeo Software
- LMKR Partners with FracGeo LLC to deliver innovative fracture geomechanics software solutions
- LMKR Announces Worldwide Availability of GeoGraphix 2015.1 along with GVERSE Planner and GVERSE WebSteering
- LMKR Announces worldwide availability of GVERSE Suite of Plug and Play Geoscience and Engineering applications
- LMKR Announces the Launch of GVERSE Applications Suite – Revolutionizing the World of Geoscience and Engineering Applications with Fast, Easy to Use Scalable Tools
- LMKR GeoGraphix Contract enters into a 2 year renewal period
- LMKR Appoints Cleantech as Reseller of GeoGraphix Solutions to Oil & Gas Operators Across Europe
- LMKR Partners with CWD to Deliver GeoGraphix Solutions Tailored for the Canadian Market
- LMKR Invests in USLandGrid to Provide GeoGraphix® Access to Oil and Gas Data at the Click of a Button
- LMKR Announces GeoGraphix 2015 Enabling Geoscientists To Do More While Spending Less
- LMKR announces new partnerships, new advanced geophysical capabilities and a new GeoGraphix update
- LMKR GeoGraphix® partners with petroWEB to maximize the user experience accessing data across multiple domains
- LMKR™ Partners with Lumina Geophysical to Maximize Reservoir Understanding
- GeoGraphix 2014.1 Release
- GeoGraphix 2014 Release
- Retraction of Press Release regarding Velocity Manager
- Denver Holiday Forum
- Houston User Group Meeting
- NAPE Nigeria
- Vince Molliconi promoted to Executive Vice President, Global Product Sales
- Argentina Open House
- AAPG Mid-Continent Section Meeting
- SEG 2013
- AAPG ICE 2013
- LMKR Extends GEOGRAPHIX® SOFTWARE grant to Louisiana State University
- LMKR’s work on consolidation of E&P data of Pakistan gets highlighted in Energistics Article
- Unconventional Resources Technology Conference
- LMKR brings GEOGRAPHIX® SOFTWARE to SAIT Polytechnic classrooms
- LMKR recognized for maintaining and being fully compliant with ENI’s HSEQ Standards at 6th Contractors’ Senior Management HSE Workshop
- Pakistan Association of Petroleum Geoscientists (PAPG)
- AAPG ACE 2013
- GeoConvention 2013
- ESRI Petroleum GIS Conference 2013
- AAPG Pacific Section 2013
- LMKR GeoGraphix® 2013 is released offering greater scalability & performance
- SEG 2012 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- LMKR GeoGraphix® Gives Users’ Direct Access to MapMart Streaming Data Sets
- Envertor 3.1 Released
- SIDE 2012 – Marrakech, Morocco
- Rocky Mountain Section AAPG – Grand Junction, Colorado
- Eastern Section AAPG – Cleveland, Ohio
- SPE ATCE 2012 – San Antonio, Texas
- EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2012 - Copenhagen, Denmark
- GeoConvention 2012 - Calgary,Canada
- AAPG Annual Convention & Exhibition
- LMKR GeoGraphix® Upgrades to Blue Marble’s GeoCalc 6.5 for Maintaining Geospatial Integrity
- Stan Abele Awarded the Ziad Beydoun Memorial Award
- GeoGraphix 2012 Release
- LMKR wins award for Excellence in IT enabled service offering
- LMKR attended the 10th Middle East Geosciences Conference and Exhibition in Bahrain
- User Group Meeting – Karachi Pakistan
- Cairo User Group Meeting
- LMKR City Forums
- LMKR releases PetroHive 1.0.2: A web-based physical & digital data indexing and cataloging solution for E&P companies
- GeoGraphix® announces the Release of Discovery™ 5000.0.2.5
- GeoGraphix® Users now have direct link to MapMart data sets
- LMKR attends Pakistan Oil and Gas Energy Exhibition
- LMKR and Object Reservoir Join Forces to Help Optimize Unconventional Gas Shale Development
- LMKT - A New Strategic Shift
- LMKR Unveils the Convofy-Integrated Plug-In for LMKR GeoGraphix®
- LMKR Global Expansion and Extended Unconventional Solutions Offerings Represented with New Look
- GeoGraphix® Unveils Online Satellite Map Streaming For Discovery™ Suite at 2010 SEG Exposition
- GeoGraphix® Introduces GeoModeling While Drilling Software at 2010 SEG Exposition
- Strategic alliance strengthens Landmark’s commitment to GeoGraphix product line
- Successful debut of the alliance between LMKR and Landmark, an energized GeoGraphix at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists International Exposition and 80th Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado USA
- LMKR to expand its global footprint by setting up new onshore centers around the globe
- LMKR Signs Three Multi-Million Dollar Long Term Agreements with Landmark Graphics Corporation, Inc.